To use this form, all of the following must be true:
- You are the mother of the child;
- There are no court or administrative orders about the parentage of the child (including any divorce orders that describe the child as “child of the marriage”);
- You did not sign a valid Voluntary Acknowledgment of Parentage (VAP) for the child;
- You are not currently married to the Respondent (the other parent), and, if you ever were married to him, you got divorced at least 300 days before the birth of the child; AND
- The child and Respondent (the other parent) have certain connections to Illinois.
NOTE: This form can be completed for multiple children at once.
To complete this form, you will need to know:
- The other parent's address, age, and occupation;
- All of the addresses the child has lived at in the past 5 years;
- Whether anyone other than you and the other parent claims to have rights to make important decisions for the child;
- Whether there are any other court cases involving the parents or the children; AND
- Whether you want to split decision-making responsibilites and parenting time with the other parent.