To use this form, all of the following must be true:
- You are the father of the child;
- There are no court or administrative orders about your paternity of the child (including a divorce order between you and the mother that describes the child as “child of the marriage”);
- You did not sign a valid Voluntary Acknowledgment of Parentage (VAP) for the child;
- You are not currently married to the child’s mother, and, if you were ever married to her, you got divorced at least 300 days before the birth of the child;
- The child and the mother have certain connections to Illinois; AND
- The child have not been adopted (including adoption by the mother’s husband).
NOTE: This form can be completed for multiple children at once.
To complete this form, you will need to know:
- The other parent's address, age, and occupation;
- All of the addresses the child has lived at in the past 5 years;
- Whether anyone other than you and the other parent claims to have rights to make important decisions for the child;
- Whether there are any other court cases involving the parents or the children; AND
- Whether you want to split decision-making responsibilites and parenting time with the other parent.