- The Chicago Bar Foundation
The Director of Development for The Chicago Bar Foundation (CBF) is responsible for creating and executing a strategic development plan that builds private support for the CBF, and helping to implement various donor-related programs.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development manages the Major Gifts Officer and Development & Events Coordinator, and works closely with other CBF staff. The position is exempt.
The CBF, a nonprofit organization, offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. The CBF is an equal opportunity employer. The salary range for the Director of Development is $80,000-$90,000 FTE, depending on experience.
Please see the attached job description for details.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of three years professional development experience, especially annual fund, individual giving and board/volunteer relations; strong preference for previous experience in a Director of Development role.
- Demonstrated experience in meeting fundraising goals.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with board members, volunteers, donors and staff.
- Strong organizational and communications skills.
- Proficiencies in fundraising software and information management.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission and values of the CBF.