- Catholic Charities Legal Assistance
• Primarily responsible for providing a variety of legal services to CCLA clients in the areas of law including buy not limited to family, housing consumer and expungement and sealing
• Works independently and consistently exercises discretion and sound judgment in providing legal counsel to CCLA clients.
• Represents CCLA clients in civil court, administrative agencies and other legal forums
• Drafts all documents required for litigation and participates in all stages of the litigation including formulating and implementing legal strategies
• Performs legal consultations both in the office and at advice desks at various Catholic Charities locations throughout Cook and Lake County.
• Provides support to volunteers and interns on CCLA systems and protocols as well as assists them with providing legal services
• Participates in the Performance Quality Improvement process which includes but is not limited to case reviews
• Maintains up to date and accurate client files and databases as required by Agency and departmental policies and procedures, professionals standards and external requirements of all relevant regulatory, licensing or accrediting bodies in the course of performing job expectations
• Provides educational seminars for clients and volunteers of Catholic Charities on various legal issues
• Must be fluent in English and Spanish to provide services for clients with limited English proficiency
Preferred Requirements: Juris Doctorate. Three to four years relevant experience. Licensed to practice law in Illinois.
Minimum Requirements: Juris Doctorate. One to two years relevant experience. Licensed to practice law in Illinois.
Other Requirements: Driver’s license and reliable transportation. Agency specified automobile insurance.